Violations of state law and local ordinances occurring within Allen city limits are prosecuted and decided in the Collin County Municipal Court. If you are charged with a crime in Allen, such as shoplifting or a drug offense, consult an Allen criminal defense attorney at Rosenthal & Wadas today.
The attorneys at Rosenthal & Wadas, PLLC understand that for many people charged with DWI, jail time isn’t the answer – treatment is. That is why, whenever possible, we will seek to have your case accepted in DWI/Drug Court.
The DWI/Drug Court in Collin County targets those drivers who are at high risk of reoffending due unless they receive serious treatment and are held accountable for their crimes. In order to be admitted, applicants must:
- Be a Collin County resident
- Undergo substance abuse evaluations prior to acceptance
- Be willing to participate in an intensive supervision and treatment program
- Be charged with certain DWI and drug offenses
Admission into the DWI/Drug Court requires a conviction, either at trial or through a guilty plea, but in lieu of jail time participants are placed on supervised probation, receive no community service and are granted an occupational license – which allows them to drive up to 12 hours per day – with no filing fee.
Program participants must agree to adhere to the following:
- Undergo intensive treatment and counseling
- Submit to frequent supervision and random alcohol and/or drug testing
- Frequently appear in court to report on the status of their treatment
- Be closely monitored for program compliance
The Collin County drug crimes attorneys at Rosenthal & Wadas have successfully defended against possession, distribution and manufacture of a controlled substance charges, winning outright acquittals, dismissals and reduced charges.
We are able to do this by taking a comprehensive approach to our defense of all drug crimes cases. At Rosenthal & Wadas, our Allen drug crimes attorneys take great care to thoroughly review all of the evidence in your case, which may include:
- Physical evidence, such as drugs, drug paraphernalia, scales and bags
- Witness testimony, including the statements of any co-defendants, buyers or sellers
- Statements you may have made to the police, whether prior to being taken into custody or after the arrest
Our review of the evidence will help us find the holes in the prosecution’s case, and we have a successful record of using those weaknesses as leverage to obtain a dismissal of all charges or an acquittal at trial and, when that is not possible, a reduction in charges.
Fight the Charges Against You with an Allen Attorney
Criminal charges in Texas can have serious long-term social and legal consequences, but there may be strong defenses available, depending on your situation. If you have been charged with a crime such as a drug offense, DUI, or other criminal offense in the Allen area, call to set up a free consultation with Rosenthal & Wadas, PLLC.